The Flosum Trial Experience
A Few Notes About Orgs
- To complete the trial, we will connect Flosum to three different orgs: two source orgs (developer orgs or sandboxes) and a third target org to deploy changes.
- If you do not have three salesforce organizations, you can sign up for a trial org(s) from the site developer.salesforce.com. On the top right-hand side of the page, click Sign Up.
- Flosum lives in a fourth separate org which will be connected to these source and target orgs.
Orgs are registered with Flosum using secure OAuth calls to authorize access.
Flosum doesn't store, and can't retrieve, any passwords. This is something you will want to keep in mind when changing your org usernames and passwords.
The Need For A Separate Org
Many customers are curious to know: Why does Flosum need its own org?
- The reason we generally provision a separate Flosum org is to keep your IT activity separate from your business activity, however it can also be installed in production org depending on user preference. There is no loss of functionality either way.
- Flosum stores governance related information which is used by auditors at the end of the year. Its architecture is purposefully structured to protect the security of this data (i.e. information will not be lost with sandbox refreshes etc.).
Step 1: Creating your Flosum Org
*In this step, we will create a Flosum org and connect it with the source org and target org.
*Please do not use Internet Explorer for this step. You will need two different browsers. for example, Chrome and Firefox.
*When you use Flosum, it is important to ensure that you have not installed it in one of your sandboxes, developer orgs or production orgs. We recommend installing it in a new Enterprise edition production quality org from Appexchange.
Creating A New Flosum Org from the Appexchange:
- Log out of all Salesforce environments
- Go to the Flosum page on Salesforce Appexchange
- Click on "Get it Now"
- Click on "I Don't Have a Login, Continue as a Guest"
- Fill in the necessary information
- For Username, use any unique name in the form of an email address
- For Email, please use a business email. Non-business email addresses may not be provisioned.
Your new Flosum org tabs should look like this:
Congratulations! You’ve completed 20% of the trial!
Step 2: Connecting your Orgs With Flosum
- Please follow the instructions in this article to Create a Connected App
- Now you can register your sandboxes to connect them to your main Flosum org:
- Go to the "Orgs" tab
- Click on the "New" button in the "Recent Orgs" section
- Enter the Organization Name (found in the Company Information Section of the org Setup page)
- Choose the Authentication and Organization Type
- Click on "Authorize"
- When the Salesforce login screen is presented, enter the credentials of the sandbox or other org you are connecting to Flosum.
- You will then be redirected back to your Flosum org with the newly registered org visible in the Recent Orgs list.
- Repeat this step to register more orgs.
Step 3: Adding Additional Users
- If you wish to add additional Flosum users, follow instructions in this article.
Congratulations! You’ve completed 30% of the trial!