To start the implementation of Flosum, one of the main important activities is to populate the repository with the latest code from the production organization. To achieve this, please follow the following steps:
1. Register the production organization within Flosum
2. Create a snapshot of the production organization with the last modified days as zero. This will ensure that you are getting all the components from the production organization.
3. Open the SnapToRepoCommit page by following these instructions:
- Go to Setup
- Click on Develop
- Click on Visualforce Pages
- Find the page: SnapToRepoCommit
- Click on SnapToRepoCommit
- Click on Preview
- Please see the Org and Snapshot to commit to Repository
Specify the organization name & the snapshot from which the components should be retrieved. All these components will be committed to the Repository.
This utility will copy all the components from the snapshot to the repository. If the component is already found in the repository, it will ignore it. If a different version of the component is found in the snapshot compared to the repository, it would create a new version in the repository.
Note: If any issues in initializing the Repository using a single snapshot, please take multiple snapshots based on component types. Move them into the Repository piecemeal. This will accomplish the same goal.