Some clients need to integrate third-party software with Flosum. A Heroku account might be needed for some of these integrations. A GitHub account might also be needed.
Setting up a GitHub account:
- Flosum will provide you with the GitHub account. Please ask your Customer Success team for it.
Please follow the steps given below to set up a free Heroku account.
- Go to Heroku.com
- Click on “SIGN UP FOR FREE” button
- Fill in all the necessary fields and click on “CREATE FREE ACCOUNT” button
- You will receive an email. Click on the link in the email to activate your account.
- You will be asked to set a password. Set one up and you are all set with your Heroku account.
- On the Dashboard Personal Apps click the button New in order to create a new application. Give it any random name that works for you.
- After that go to the tab "Deploy" and choose "GitHub" as Deployment method.
- You will get asked to input your GitHub credentials received from Flosum. Please enter them and connect to GitHub.
- Select / Input Repo as “HerokuService”
- Click on Search button
- The Repo should appear below along with a “Connect” button on the right.
- Click on the “connect” button
- 2 sections should appear below – Automatic Deploys and Manual Deploy. Go to the Manual Deploy section
- Select the branch - dx-version-512M.
- Click on “Deploy Branch” button.
- The dashboard for deployed application must have the following view:
- In Heroku, go to Dashboard -- Applications -- Settings tab and fill in the config variables fields(You might see a button called Reveal Config Vars that you need to click). Create the new keys with names(case sensitive):
(One can set any values here, of course, password must be strong enough)
11. Open Flosum in Salesforce and go to Setup. Open Security Controls - Remote Site Settings. Create a new remote site and give the URL as the Heroku app access point i.e. the URL of the Heroku application.
If you only want to set up CI and Apex PMD, please go to Step 3 here for the next steps.
The following steps are only needed if you want to set up Flosum Git integration. They are not needed for CI and Apex PMD.
- In Flosum org, go to the EditRepositorySettings VF page in Setup. Preview this page. Fill fields in the Heroku Service Settings section. Here the access to Heroku service is established. User must provide:
1. Username/Password to Heroku application (do not confuse it with Heroku account credentials)
2. AccessPoint – this is the URI of Heroku application, one can find it on Heroku dashboard.
All fields are required. Select the checkbox Git integration enabled to turn on the sync functionality.
Push the button Save to save the settings.
- On the same Flosum screen, set the synchronization options. Select the options GitSF and SFGit to get bidirectional synchronization between Git and Flosum. Click Save.
- Go to Salesforce Setup screen and from left hand menu go to Create -- Apps. Edit the connected app being used by Flosum.
- Add the URL of the edit repository page as shown in example here to the Callback URLs text area. Replace server with your server and Save. Wait the required time. e.g. https://flosum.na40.visual.force.com/apex/flosum__editrepositorysettings
- Open the EditRepositorySettings VF page in preview mode again and click the "Get token" button.
- Copy the generated token and go to the Heroku screen in Step 10 above( Dashboard -- Applications -- Settings tab in Heroku). Put in a new config field called "sftoken" and paste the token into it. Save.
Please go to Step 3 here for the next steps.