Some clients need to integrate third-party software with Flosum. A Heroku account might be needed for some of these integrations. A GitHub account might also be needed.
Setting up a GitHub account
- Flosum will provide you with the GitHub account. Please contact your Customer Success team if you need to set up a new GitHub account.
Setting up a Heroku account
Please follow the steps given below to set up a free Heroku account:
- Go to Heroku.com
- Click on “SIGN UP FOR FREE” button.
- Fill in all the necessary fields and click on “CREATE FREE ACCOUNT” button.
- You will receive an email. Click on the link in the email to activate your account.
- You will be asked to create a password.
- On the Personal Apps dashboard, click the "New" button to create a new application. You will need to enter a name for this application.
- Then go to the tab "Deploy" and choose "GitHub" as Deployment method.
- You will be asked to input the GitHub credentials you received from Flosum. Please enter them and connect to GitHub.
- Select / Input Repo as “HerokuService”.
- Click on the "Search" button.
- The Repo should appear below along with a “Connect” button on the right.
- Click on the “Connect” button.
- Two sections should appear below: Automatic Deploys and Manual Deploy. Go to the Manual Deploy section.
- Select the branch - dx-version-512M.
- Click on “Deploy Branch” button.
- The dashboard for deployed application must have the following view:
- In Heroku, go to Dashboard -- Applications -- Settings tab and fill in the config variables fields. (You might see a button called "Reveal Config Vars" that you need to click). Create the new keys with names(case sensitive):
You can choose any username and password you would like, as long as the password is strong enough.
- Open Flosum in Salesforce and go to Setup. Open Security Controls - Remote Site Settings. Create a new remote site and give the URL as the Heroku app access point (the URL of your new Heroku application).
If you only want to set up CI and Apex PMD, please go to Step 3 here for the next steps.
Additional steps for setting up a Flosum-Git integration or Apex PMD
The following steps are only needed if you want to set up Flosum-Git integration or Apex PMD. They are not needed for CI.
- In your Flosum org, go to the EditRepositorySettings VF page in Setup. Preview this page. Complete the fields in the Heroku Service Settings section to establish access to the Heroku service. In this section, you must provide:
1. Username/Password to Heroku application (not to be confused with your Heroku account credentials)
2. AccessPoint – This is the URL of the Heroku application, which can be found on the Heroku dashboard.
All fields are required. Select the checkbox "Git integration enabled" to turn on the sync functionality.
Click the "Save" button to save the settings.
- On the same Flosum screen, set the synchronization options. Select the options GitSF and SFGit to get bidirectional synchronization between Git and Flosum. Click "Save".
- Go to Salesforce Setup screen. From the left hand menu, go to Create -- Apps. Edit the connected app being used by Flosum.
- Add the URL of the edit repository page as shown in example here to the Callback URLs text area. Replace server with your server and "Save". Wait the required time. e.g. https://flosum.na40.visual.force.com/apex/flosum__editrepositorysettings
- Open the EditRepositorySettings VF page in preview mode again and click the "Get token" button.
- Copy the generated token and go to the Heroku screen in Step 10 above( Dashboard -- Applications -- Settings tab in Heroku). Put in a new config field called "sftoken" and paste the token into it. Click "Save".
Please go to Step 3 here for the next steps.