When your sandboxes and Flosum orgs need to be connected and removed multiple times, using a Connected App automates and simplifies the process. You only need to do this once for each sandbox and thereafter you can remove and reconnect your orgs without needing to re-register each time.
Here are the steps to create a Connected App:
- Click on the Settings tab to see the OAuth Settings section.
- In the Connected App Name field enter a Connected App name of your choice. It is recommended you use a name that reflects the use, such as Flosum_Auto_Authentication. The name must follow these Salesforce guidelines:
“Must be unique in your org, begin with a character, and contain only alphanumeric characters and underscores, but cannot end with an underscore or have two consecutive underscores.”
- Click Create. This will create a new Connected App with the name you gave above.
- Usually this process completes quickly, but please wait at least 10 minutes for the change to propagate through Salesforce.
- You can verify the create was successful by looking in your org Setup under 'Connected Apps' (Setup->Create->Apps at bottom of the page).
The demo below walks you through the steps of creating a connected app.